Market Research @ Vietnam: Motorbikes Registered and Circulated Data

Vietnam motorbike registered and circulated data - Market research

Vietnam motorbike registered and circulated data conducted by NMK LLC, a market research company in Vietnam, provided number of motorbike registered and circulated in 63 provinces of Vietnam. The data was gathered in period 2015-2017 and forecasted to 2020. Number of motorbike circulated is helpful for making analysis and forecasting for relevant industry such as lubricant oil, tires, battery, and spare parts.

The market is divided into seven regions covering: Northwest, Red River Delta, North Central Coast, Central Highlands, South Central Coast, Southeast and Mekong Delta region.

Red River Delta Region covers: Hanoi, Ha Nam, Thai Binh, Nam Dinh, Ninh Binh, Hai Duong, Hung Yen, Bac Ninh, Vinh Phuc, Hai Phong.

Northern East and West: Quang Ninh, Lang Son, Bac Giang, Phu Tho, Thai Nguyen, Cao Bang, Bac Kan, Ha Giang, Tuyen Quang, Yen Bai, Son La, Lai Chau, Dien Bien, Lao Cai, Hoa Binh.

Southeast: HCM, Dong Nai, Binh Duong, Ba Ria Vung Tau, Tay Ninh, Binh Phuoc.

Mekong Delta: Tien Giang, Long An, Ben Tre, Tra Vinh, Soc Trang, Bac Lieu, Ca Mau, Kien Giang, Hau Giang, Can Tho, Dong Thap, An Giang, Vinh Long.

North Central Coast: Ha Tinh, Nghe An, Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Thanh Hoa, Thua Thien Hue.

Central Highlands: Lam Dong, Dak Lak, Dac Nong, Gia Lai, Kom Tum.

South Central Coast: Binh Dinh, Binh Thuan, Khanh Hoa, Ninh Thuan, Phu Yen, Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Da Nang.

The number of registered motorbike in 2017 increased to more than 54 million pieces. In overall, the average growth rate is around 6.2 percent in period 2014-2017. Its growth rate is forecasted to increase slightly at 6.3 percent in upcoming years. The country’s registered motorbike number is forecasted to reached at 65 million pieces in the year 2020.

As broken down into seven economic regions, Red River Delta and Southeast region maintained its leading region where most of motorbikes were registered in the country, accounted for 22 and 23.5 percent of total registered motorbike in year 2017, respectively. Mekong Delta region took the third place in which registered motorcycles accounted for 17.3 percent of total national registered number.

Underbones (Gears) vs. Scooters

The proportion of unberbones and scooters among registered motorcycles are estimated at 85 and 15 percent in the year 2014, respectively. These proportions are fluctuated region by region. As informed by Honda Motor Vietnam, the leading motorcycle manufacturer, sales volume of scooters increased dramatically in recent years, from around 30 percent in 2010 to 52 percent in 2017. This trend is expected to maintain stably in upcoming years and forecasted to reach at 58-62 percent in the year 2020. The growth rate of scooters in term of weighted proportion by total registered motorcycles in the country is expected to reach at 1.3 to 1.6 percent annual. It is forecasted that underbones motorcycles will be accounted for 77 percent of total registered number in 2020, decreasing from 85 percent in the year 2014. Scooters volume, on the other hand, will be increased from 15 percent in Y2014 to 23 percent in Y2020 due to high demand. Scooters in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city is forecasted to reach at 28.5 percent of total registered motorcycles in each city in Y2020.

The Vietnam motorbike market research is ultimate report covering data of each province. Investors or marketing agency can use to make analysis or investment decision. Full data can be ordered through contacting research team at ic@nmkin.com or calling to help desk +84 33 7572 999.